Quail eggs are a treat. Whether they’re served in a salad or eaten hard-boiled, they’re nutritious bite-sized food that everyone can enjoy, and they’re common in some parts of Asia, Europe, and North America. The Japanese prepare them hard-boiled in a traditional “bento” or lunch box while the Chinese cook them into stuffed rice and steamed buns. And although they sound extremely appetizing, there’s more to quail eggs than meets the eye.
Eating quail eggs for weight loss is a great way of ditching the extra pounds in a sustained and healthy way. However, before we jump into the recipes and how to incorporate quail eggs into your weight-loss regime, let’s talk some more about why eggs are so good for you!
In a diet-crazed world, it can come as a shock for most of you that eggs can have a huge impact when it comes to weight loss. But you don’t have to take our word for it. There’s a 2008 study that proves it! In this study, the participants who ate an egg for breakfast (during a diet that involved a caloric deficit) lost more weight than those who ate a bagel for breakfast instead. While this may sound pretty straightforward, the reality of it is a bit more complex. You actually need to learn about the ideal method of using eggs for weight loss.
We are delighted to present yet another quail egg recipe that has a celebrity name attached to it: Patti LaBelle’s macaroni and cheese. This week’s celebrity recipe is a delicious comfort food that you can serve whenever you want to feel comforted. It’s also a relatively cheap recipe, which is always always a surprising thing. Who knew good food can be healthy and cheap!?
Before we jump right into our celebrity favorite, let us first honor Patricia Louise Holte aka Patti LaBelle. Born 75 years ago, Patti LaBelle has had 16 tours and starred in 21 movies and tv shows – talk shows not included! Furthermore, thanks to her unique vocal abilities she has 15 Grammy awards nominations and 21 awards won throughout her life.
Patti LaBelle has started her career in the ’60s and is still going strong! As you can tell by now, Patti LaBelle is a phenomenon. That’s why we’re so excited to write about her macaroni and cheese recipe! Without further ado, here it goes!
Patti LaBelle’s Recipe Reinterpreted With Quail Eggs
While this recipe is a simple comfort food dish, it won its place on QuailEgg.Recipes due to its popularity and deliciousness. However, don’t be fooled by this recipe’s simplicity. You will most likely have to go to the supermarket to get the types of cheese Patti LaBelle used.
Another thing to keep in mind is our decision to use quail eggs instead of chicken eggs. While the original recipe calls for chicken eggs, we’re far too obsessed with healthy eating, so we decided to improve upon perfection! Check out the recipe below!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb macaroni
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup muenster cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 8 quail eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
HOW TO MAKE PATTI LABELLE’S MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly butter a deep 2 1/2 quart baking dish. You don’t want to use too much butter, just enough to ensure the mac and cheese won’t stick.
- For the macaroni, fill a large pot with water and bring it to a boil. Add the macaroni, along with 1 tablespoon of oil. Cook for 7 minutes, or until somewhat tender. Then, drain well and return to the pot.
- In the meantime, gran a small saucepan and melt 8 tablespoons of butter. Stir into macaroni.
- Using a large bowl, mix all the shredded cheeses. Then, add 11/2 cups of shredded cheeses, half and half, the cubed cheese and the eggs, along with salt and pepper to the macaroni.
- Transfer the mix to the lightly buttered casserole dish and top with the remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese. Dot with the remaining tablespoon of butter.
- Place it in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Serve hot.
Our thoughts on Patti LaBelle’s macaroni and cheese recipe
We’ve never felt so comforted by food before! What’s great about this recipe is that the Velveeta cheese doesn’t melt completely, but forms pockets of hot cheese that you can bite into as you enjoy your macaroni and cheese. This creates an incredible texture, that works wonders with the harmonious way the cheeses combine. It truly is delicious!
Our mango breakfast smoothie is the way to go when you wake up. Your body needs fuel, both liquid, and solid, to function properly. After 7-8 hours of fasting, you need to start off your day the right way. Because some of us wake up tired, we’ve come up with this fast and delicious fruit smoothie. It’s packed with valuable nutrients, which is always a good thing!
You can whip up this low-fat breakfast smoothie in no time. According to our experience, this quail egg smoothie takes about 2 minutes to prepare. Use mango with other soft fruits for a great taste and add some oats for a slow but steady release of energy.
- 1 mango
- 1 tablespoon of porridge oats
- 80g soft fruit (strawberries, blueberries, etc.)
- 150ml milk
- 4 quail eggs
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
HOW TO MAKE OUR MANGO BREAKFAST SMOOTHIE WITH QUAIL EGGS
While milkshakes are beyond easy to prepare, we prepared a guide for you nonetheless.
- Start by adding part of the ingredients in the blender. Add the liquids first, then the oats. This way, your blender will be able to actually blend them properly. Whizz for about 1 minute or until you reach a smooth consistency. If you feel the smoothie is too thick, then feel free to add more milk or water. How much liquid you need for a smoothie is a matter of personal taste.
- Next, crack the quail eggs and pour them in the blender over the oats and milk. Whizz the blender for about 10 seconds. Unlike chicken eggs, raw quail eggs is risk-free in terms of food-borne diseases, so don’t be afraid to use them in the high-protein breakfast smoothie.
- Add the fruits, honey, and vanilla extract and whizz for about a minute. Taste the smoothie to see if it needs more sugar. Sometimes the fruits you use are a bit sour or simply don’t have enough sugar. In that case, you might want to increase the amount of honey.
- Next, pour the mixture into two glasses and serve immediately. You don’t want to leave the breakfast smoothie out for too long because it will oxidize. This means you have to drink it fast in order to enjoy the benefits of the nutrients and antioxidants.
What’s great about breakfast smoothies is their versatility. You can literally use any fruits and ingredients. Moreover, it takes next to nothing to prepare. Since smoothies are made out of fruits and liquids, they always come packed with nutrients that fuel your body for the day.
Whether your workout, have an active lifestyle or simply want to take care of yourself, starting your day with a smoothie is an excellent way to take care of your body after a long night. You get to hydrate it with nutrient-rich liquids such as milk and consume fibers, protein, antioxidants and healthy fats! Way to go!
Low Carb Deviled Quail Eggs are a great choice as an appetizer all year round. Partly because they’re absolutely delicious and are very easy to make. What makes people obsessed with healthy-eating shy away from them is the high amount of fats and carbs. Luckily for all of us, deviled eggs are very versatile. This is why we want to share with you this recipe.
This particular Low Carb Deviled Quail Eggs recipe is a wonderful and healthy appetizer. It’s also keto-friendly. While the classic version of this recipe calls for mayonnaise, we won’t use it. Classic deviled eggs are an actual caloric bomb. So, if you’re on a diet, the classic version of the recipe will completely sabotage your efforts. Therefore, we took the freedom to make a few adjustments here and there. This way, you can continue to lose weight and respect the keto diet.
Desserts make life delicious. Everybody loves a good dessert. This week we’ve prepared a very chocolaty treat for you. What’s amazing about it is that it’s keto-friendly and has quail eggs. We call it Keto Chocolate Cake With Quail Eggs.
Not to brag, but we are quite confident this is the best chocolate cake you will ever make, keto diet aside. Whether you’re looking for a cake recipe for a birthday or simply as a treat, look no further than this one. It’s also really easy to make, considering how complicated most cakes can be. This particular recipe calls for zero wheat flour. Basically it calls for no flour at all. Yes, this dessert is almost too good to be true!
How To Prepare This Keto Chocolate Cake With Quail Eggs Recipe
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Cut the baking parchment to the right size so it will fit the base of the pan. After that, grab a little oil or butter and grease the pan. We recommend you use an 8-inch pan. After you finish greasing the pan, place the baking parchment, and set the pan aside.
2. Next, grab a large bowl and start preparing the batter. To do that, simply add the almond flour. Using your fingers, make a hole in the middle of it and crack the quail eggs inside. Next, pour the water or milk, along with the granulated erythritol or regular sugar. This is also the time where you add the pure vanilla extract, along with the salt, baking powder, and cocoa.
3. Mixing the batter requires a little technique. Basically, you will want your cake to be fluffy. In order for this to happen, you need air. Thus, you will mix the ingredients together using a wooden spoon. Mix everything in circular motions, then, cut it through the middle. Then, mix again in circular motions and cut through the middle. Do this using the wooden spoon until you get a smooth consistency. That’s when you’ll know the batter is ready.
4. Next, pour the batter into the baking pan and put it in the oven. It should take no longer than 15 minutes, on the middle rack, center. However, some ovens will require a longer time. You’ll know the cake is ready when it’s firm to the touch. However, a fool-proof method of knowing is to stick a wooden pick inside. If it comes out clean, the cake is done. Take it out. If not, lower the heat a little and leave it inside for another 5 minutes. So, when it’s cooked, take it out and set in on a rack to cool down. After that, you can add the frosting.
5. For this keto dessert, we decided to use chocolate frosting. To make this frosting, you will need to whip butter and cocoa together until you reach a smooth consistency. Add the sugar and slowly stream in the milk. Mix together until you reach the desired consistency.
Of course, you can try other types of frosting. They will work perfectly as well. If you want to opt for a fruity frosting, we recommend you go for the raspberry frosting. Chocolate and raspberry are a match made in heaven.
Note: If you want to bake a double layer cake, as the picture suggests, simply double the ingredients.
We hope you’ll love this recipe just as much as we do. The way almond flour and chocolate taste together is divine! And the best thing about this recipe? It’s keto-friendly. So you can indulge without worries because this is a healthy alternative to the classic cake. If you like this recipe, don’t forget to share this Keto Chocolate Cake With Quail Eggs recipe with your friends!
We’re back with another delicious quail egg celebrity recipe. We warn you! It’s not diet-friendly! This time, we wanted to bake something. An indulgent sweet that no one can screw up: Gordon Ramsay’s brownie recipe! This week’s celebrity favorite has the signature of none other than the world-famous chef Gordon Ramsay. Before we begin with our delicious cake, let’s learn a little more about this week’s famous coof.
Gordon James Ramsay was born on 8 November 1966, according to his Wikipedia page. He is a British chef, restaurateur, writer, and television personality. Gordon was born in Johnstone, Scotland, but was raised in Stratford-upon-Avon in England. He is the second of four children. His early life consisted of moving constantly due to the aspirations of his father. However, during his childhood, Ramsay was also subject to abuse and neglect from his father, who was sometimes a violent alcoholic. Eventually, the Ramsays settled in Stratford-upon-Avon, and when Gordon turned 16, he moved out of his family home.
His restaurants have been awarded an impressive 16 Michelin stars! His signature restaurant is Restaurant Gordon Ramsay in Chelsea, London. What really makes Gordon James Ramsay stand out as a chef is not exactly his popularity. Instead, it’s the OBE distinction. OBE stands for the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire. This is an award rewarding contribution to the arts and sciences. If you’re ever in London, make sure to drop by and eat something!
If you have an upcoming special event, our Bacon and Leek Deep-Dish Quail Egg Quiche recipe should do the trick! We all like to celebrate in style, though nothing beats home-made food, especially when it’s incredible!
Special events should be marked by delectable bites. And what better way to celebrate these events than by turning to our French brothers and sisters for inspiration? Fortunately, this French-inspired deep-dish quail egg quiche will take decadence to a whole new height! We’ve carefully compiled a dish made out of the most delectable ingredients. Basically, every component of this dish bombards your senses. Trust us, this quiche is literally mouth-watering! The bacon adds a very satisfying salty and smoky flavor, while the gruyere cheese compliments the dish with a pleasant, yet sharp, flavor that cuts through the rich cream. The leeks also serve an important role: they provide the perfect hint of sweet and spicy.
If you’re looking for a delicious and hearty dinner recipe, then our Shakshuka with feta cheese And quail eggs is the answer! This North-African recipe gives major exotic vibes. It’s truthfully a wonderful culinary experience, even more so if you’re not familiar with this type of cuisine.
Before we get into it, let’s talk a little about what Shakshuka is. Basically, it’s a dish that consists of poached quail eggs, except not in water. You poach them in tomato sauce. Since this is an exotic recipe, the tomato sauce will have a lot of goodies: onions, peppers, cumin, and paprika. Yep, that’s right. There’s a lot of warmth to it!
The newest health obsessions this season seems to be the Keto diet. Everyone wants to be in ketosis. Granted, taking your health seriously is a very good thing. That’s why we’ve prepared this delicious Keto Quail Egg Quiche. It’s for all the people out there that are doing the Keto diet!
We like to take care of ourselves and our silhouette as well. However, eating bland foods is not very exciting. Luckily, this particular recipe allows you to prepare an absolutely delicious meal. It’s fluffy, it’s savory and it has bacon! Yummy!
Another thing we love about this quail egg quiche – besides the way it tastes- is how easy it is to prepare. Granted, the cooking time is something to take into consideration. You definitely won’t be preparing this during the workweek. This beauty is a recipe for the weekend. Or at least for dinner. But we digress.
The nutritional profile for this Keto Quail Egg Quiche is remarkable. This meal is literally packed with protein and fiber. This makes it an ideal recipe if you’re an active person, for example. Of course, since this is a Keto recipe, we made sure to swap the wheat flour for almond flour. This way you’ll get to enjoy a delicious meal full of protein, fiber, antioxidants, and few carbs!
For the Quiche Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Quiche Filling:
- 24 quail eggs
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon seasoning blend (cayenne pepper, coriander, garlic, orange peel)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
How To Make Keto Quail Egg Quiche:
1. Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. While the oven warms up, you’ll have plenty of time to prepare your quiche.
2. Next, grab a medium-sized pan. Cut 6 slices of bacon into medium-sized chunks. Place them in the pan and cook them. While the bacon is cooking, grab a mixing bowl. Add the almond flour along with the dried oregano and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Then, pour 1/4 cup olive oil to the bowl and mix using a fork. This will be the dough.
3. Keep an eye on the bacon while preparing the rest of the Keto Quail Egg Quiche. You don’t want to burn it. After the dough takes form, start using your hands. Simply roll the dough into a bowl. If your dough is too dry and sticky, you can add a little extra olive oil. This way you will get the consistency right.
4. Next, grab a casserole dish and spread the dough out. Try to spread it as evenly as possible. We recommend you do this by hand.
5. Place the dough in the oven and bake the crust for 20 minutes. This way it won’t be fully cooked. We don’t want it to be fully cooked. However, after 20 minutes it will be cooked enough for our next step.
6. At this point, the bacon should be done. In order to remove excess fat, set it on paper towels. They’ll take care of any excess fat. Then, dice 1 green bell pepper and measure out 1 teaspoon garlic. Next, throw them into the pan and cook them in the leftover bacon fat. Cook until soft and slightly brown.
7. Now it’s time for the quail eggs. Crack the eggs int a measuring jug and scramble them. Make sure you incorporate as much air as possible. This will make your quiche fluffy. Add the cheddar cheese, green bell pepper, garlic, bacon fat, seasoning mix, salt, and pepper. Mix all of these again. Then, add the bacon chunks and mix again.
8. Pour the bacon and egg mixture into the crust and spread it out as needed. Then, put it back in the oven and cook for 15-18 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. It will be cooked when the center is firm. After it’s done, take it out of the oven and set aside to cool. Cut into slices and serve.
The taste of bacon together with quail eggs is absolutely divine! Couple that with the texture and flavor of the veggies and the almond crust and you’ve got yourself an incredible breakfast/dinner. While it does take a while to prepare and cook this quail egg quiche, it’s well worth it.
Let us know what you think about this recipe. If you liked it, don’t forget to share it with your friends!