Desserts make life delicious. Everybody loves a good dessert. This week we’ve prepared a very chocolaty treat for you. What’s amazing about it is that it’s keto-friendly and has quail eggs. We call it Keto Chocolate Cake With Quail Eggs.
Not to brag, but we are quite confident this is the best chocolate cake you will ever make, keto diet aside. Whether you’re looking for a cake recipe for a birthday or simply as a treat, look no further than this one. It’s also really easy to make, considering how complicated most cakes can be. This particular recipe calls for zero wheat flour. Basically it calls for no flour at all. Yes, this dessert is almost too good to be true!
How To Prepare This Keto Chocolate Cake With Quail Eggs Recipe
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Cut the baking parchment to the right size so it will fit the base of the pan. After that, grab a little oil or butter and grease the pan. We recommend you use an 8-inch pan. After you finish greasing the pan, place the baking parchment, and set the pan aside.
2. Next, grab a large bowl and start preparing the batter. To do that, simply add the almond flour. Using your fingers, make a hole in the middle of it and crack the quail eggs inside. Next, pour the water or milk, along with the granulated erythritol or regular sugar. This is also the time where you add the pure vanilla extract, along with the salt, baking powder, and cocoa.
3. Mixing the batter requires a little technique. Basically, you will want your cake to be fluffy. In order for this to happen, you need air. Thus, you will mix the ingredients together using a wooden spoon. Mix everything in circular motions, then, cut it through the middle. Then, mix again in circular motions and cut through the middle. Do this using the wooden spoon until you get a smooth consistency. That’s when you’ll know the batter is ready.
4. Next, pour the batter into the baking pan and put it in the oven. It should take no longer than 15 minutes, on the middle rack, center. However, some ovens will require a longer time. You’ll know the cake is ready when it’s firm to the touch. However, a fool-proof method of knowing is to stick a wooden pick inside. If it comes out clean, the cake is done. Take it out. If not, lower the heat a little and leave it inside for another 5 minutes. So, when it’s cooked, take it out and set in on a rack to cool down. After that, you can add the frosting.
5. For this keto dessert, we decided to use chocolate frosting. To make this frosting, you will need to whip butter and cocoa together until you reach a smooth consistency. Add the sugar and slowly stream in the milk. Mix together until you reach the desired consistency.
Of course, you can try other types of frosting. They will work perfectly as well. If you want to opt for a fruity frosting, we recommend you go for the raspberry frosting. Chocolate and raspberry are a match made in heaven.
Note: If you want to bake a double layer cake, as the picture suggests, simply double the ingredients.
We hope you’ll love this recipe just as much as we do. The way almond flour and chocolate taste together is divine! And the best thing about this recipe? It’s keto-friendly. So you can indulge without worries because this is a healthy alternative to the classic cake. If you like this recipe, don’t forget to share this Keto Chocolate Cake With Quail Eggs recipe with your friends!