The newest health obsessions this season seems to be the Keto diet. Everyone wants to be in ketosis. Granted, taking your health seriously is a very good thing. That’s why we’ve prepared this delicious Keto Quail Egg Quiche. It’s for all the people out there that are doing the Keto diet!
We like to take care of ourselves and our silhouette as well. However, eating bland foods is not very exciting. Luckily, this particular recipe allows you to prepare an absolutely delicious meal. It’s fluffy, it’s savory and it has bacon! Yummy!
Another thing we love about this quail egg quiche – besides the way it tastes- is how easy it is to prepare. Granted, the cooking time is something to take into consideration. You definitely won’t be preparing this during the workweek. This beauty is a recipe for the weekend. Or at least for dinner. But we digress.
The nutritional profile for this Keto Quail Egg Quiche is remarkable. This meal is literally packed with protein and fiber. This makes it an ideal recipe if you’re an active person, for example. Of course, since this is a Keto recipe, we made sure to swap the wheat flour for almond flour. This way you’ll get to enjoy a delicious meal full of protein, fiber, antioxidants, and few carbs!
For the Quiche Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Quiche Filling:
- 24 quail eggs
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon seasoning blend (cayenne pepper, coriander, garlic, orange peel)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
How To Make Keto Quail Egg Quiche:
1. Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. While the oven warms up, you’ll have plenty of time to prepare your quiche.
2. Next, grab a medium-sized pan. Cut 6 slices of bacon into medium-sized chunks. Place them in the pan and cook them. While the bacon is cooking, grab a mixing bowl. Add the almond flour along with the dried oregano and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Then, pour 1/4 cup olive oil to the bowl and mix using a fork. This will be the dough.
3. Keep an eye on the bacon while preparing the rest of the Keto Quail Egg Quiche. You don’t want to burn it. After the dough takes form, start using your hands. Simply roll the dough into a bowl. If your dough is too dry and sticky, you can add a little extra olive oil. This way you will get the consistency right.
4. Next, grab a casserole dish and spread the dough out. Try to spread it as evenly as possible. We recommend you do this by hand.
5. Place the dough in the oven and bake the crust for 20 minutes. This way it won’t be fully cooked. We don’t want it to be fully cooked. However, after 20 minutes it will be cooked enough for our next step.
6. At this point, the bacon should be done. In order to remove excess fat, set it on paper towels. They’ll take care of any excess fat. Then, dice 1 green bell pepper and measure out 1 teaspoon garlic. Next, throw them into the pan and cook them in the leftover bacon fat. Cook until soft and slightly brown.
7. Now it’s time for the quail eggs. Crack the eggs int a measuring jug and scramble them. Make sure you incorporate as much air as possible. This will make your quiche fluffy. Add the cheddar cheese, green bell pepper, garlic, bacon fat, seasoning mix, salt, and pepper. Mix all of these again. Then, add the bacon chunks and mix again.
8. Pour the bacon and egg mixture into the crust and spread it out as needed. Then, put it back in the oven and cook for 15-18 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. It will be cooked when the center is firm. After it’s done, take it out of the oven and set aside to cool. Cut into slices and serve.
The taste of bacon together with quail eggs is absolutely divine! Couple that with the texture and flavor of the veggies and the almond crust and you’ve got yourself an incredible breakfast/dinner. While it does take a while to prepare and cook this quail egg quiche, it’s well worth it.
Let us know what you think about this recipe. If you liked it, don’t forget to share it with your friends!