Whether she is reading her favorite book on her vast, private property or flying off with her dogs to an exotic island, Oprah Winfrey is one of the few people on this planet that has mastered the art of living their best life. Perhaps this is why I decided to present to you Oprah Winfrey’s quail eggs breakfast recipe this week.
When she is not busy hosting special guests to connect over savory delights with, Oprah is living an incredibly healthy life, eating breakfast cooked by her personal chook – chef Eduardo Chavez. Before I get into the delicious breakfast recipe with a really nice spicy kick, let’s talk a little about Oprah.
Oprah is an American media executive, talk show host, television producer, actress, and philanthropist. She became known worldwide through her talk show, The Oprah Winfrey Show, which became the highest-rated TV program of its kind. It also ran for 25 years. Know as the “Queen of all Media”, Oprah is the richest African American person of the 20th century.
HOW TO MAKE OPRAH WINFREY’S QUAIL EGGS BREAKFAST RECIPE
Back to our delicious breakfast recipe, this time, my celebrity recipe focuses on a spicy breakfast recipe made with quail eggs. Originally, the recipe called for chicken eggs. However, I swapped the chicken eggs for the super-delicious quail eggs.
Oprah's Breakfast Recipe With Quail Eggs
- 50 g bacon or turkey bacon
- 50 g fresh peas or frozen
- 10 quail eggs
- 1 garlic clove
- 120 g mushrooms sliced or chopped
- 2 asparagus spears sliced on a diagonal
- 1 red onion chopped
- 4 snow peas
- 1 small jalapeno pepper sliced
- 120 baby spinach
- 120 g frisee lettuce torn into pieces
- some lemon juice
- fresh basil
- fresh mint
- 30 g grated parmesan
- some truffle zest optional
- Start this incredible breakfast recipe by preheating the oven to 375° Fahrenheit or 190° Celsius. Cut the bacon into small pieces. On a foil-lined baking sheet, place your bacon and bake it gently until it becomes crisp. You can also do this in a pan on the stovetop. This should take about 8 minutes, though it may vary depending on your oven and how much fat content your bacon has; after it's cooked, let it cool.
- Next, it's time to cook the fresh peas. Grab a small pot and fill it with water. Add a pinch of salt. Bring it to a boil. As soon as the water starts boiling, add the peas and cook them for 2 minutes. Then, transfer to a bowl of ice water. This will cool the peas fast. Drain well. For the frozen peas, add a small bowl of cold water, let them sit for about 5 minutes and, drain.
- Now, to move on with this quail egg breakfast recipe, bring water to a boil. Add the eggs and boil them covered for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and immediately immerse in ice-cold water.
- Use a small skillet over medium heat to warm up the olive oil. It's time to sautee the vegetables. Add the garlic, mushrooms, and asparagus to the skillet. Saute the vegetables for 3 minutes; after that, add a sprinkle of salt and pepper. You don't want to add the salt in the beginning because it will release all the water from the mushrooms.
- Next, add the onion, snow peas, peas, and chile slices. Saute the vegetables for 1 minute. Add the spinach and frisee to the skillet and saute for an additional 30 seconds. Then, add vinegar or, as I did, lemon juice. Remove the skillet from heat and add the basil and mint. Toss them around to mix the ingredients together. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Peel the quail eggs.
- Transfer the vegetables to a plate and add the bacon and cheese on top. Top the vegetables with the eggs. In order to bring your quail eggs breakfast recipe to a whole new level, sprinkle truffle zest seasoning and pepper over the dish.
I think this is a very sophisticated quail eggs breakfast recipe, one that I would make on a late Saturday or Sunday morning. This is a meal I’d share with someone special.
Please remember that whenever you can’t find or don’t have an ingredient, you can always swap it for something similar. Don’t ever allow something like this to discourage you from cooking a fantastic meal. I hope you give it a try and let me know how you liked it.