Whether she is reading her favorite book on her vast, private property or flying off with her dogs to an exotic island, Oprah Winfrey is one of the few people on this planet that has mastered the art of living their best life. Perhaps this is why we decided to present to you Oprah Winfrey’s quail eggs breakfast recipe this week.
When she is not busy hosting special guests to connect over savory delights with, Oprah is living an incredibly healthy life, eating breakfast cooked by her personal chef – chef Eduardo Chavez. Before we get into the delicious breakfast recipe with a really nice spicy kick, let’s talk a little about Oprah Winfrey.
Oprah Winfrey is an American media executive, talk show host, television producer, actress and philanthropist. She became known worldwide through her talk show, The Oprah Winfrey Show which became the highest-rated TV program of its kind. It also ran for 25 years. Know as the “Queen of all Media”, Oprah is the richest African American person of the 20th century.
Back to our delicious breakfast recipe, this time, our celebrity recipe focuses on a spicy breakfast recipe made with quail eggs. Originally, the recipe called for chicken eggs. However, here we are very passionate about healthier eating, so we swapped the chicken eggs for the super-delicious quail eggs.
- 2 slices turkey bacon
- 8 fresh peas, shelled
- 12 quail eggs
- 1 garlic clove, cut into 3 pieces
- 4 ounces baby shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 asparagus spears, cut on a diagonal into 1″ pieces
- Kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- 1 green onion, cut on a diagonal into 1″ pieces (white part only)
- 6 snow peas, each cut into 3 pieces
- 4 (¼”) slices from 1 Fresno or jalapeño chile
- 1 tsp. white vinegar
- 4 ounces frisée, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 4 ounces baby spinach
- 4 basil leaves, torn in half
- 1 ounce shaved pecorino or Parmesan cheese
- 4 mint leaves
- truffle zest
HOW TO COOK OPRAH WINFREY’S QUAIL EGGS BREAKFAST RECIPE
1. Start this incredible breakfast recipe by preheating the oven to 375° Fahrenheit or 190° Celsius. On a foil-lined baking sheet, place your bacon and cook it gently until crisp. This should take about 8 minutes, though it may vary depending on your oven and how much fat content your bacon has; after it’s cooked, let it cool. After that, cut the bacon into small pieces.
2. Next, it’s time to cook your fresh peas. Grab a small pot. Fill the pot with water and add a pinch of salt. Bring it to a boil. As soon as the water starts boiling, add the peas and cook them for 2 minutes. Then, transfer to a bowl of ice water. This will cool the peas fast. Drain well. For the frozen peas, add a small bowl of cold water, let them sit for about 5 minutes and drain.
3. Now, to move on with this quail eggs breakfast recipe, bring water to a boil. Add the eggs and boil them covered for about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and immediately immerse in ice-cold water.
4. Use a small skillet over medium heat to warm up the olive oil. It’s time to sautee the vegetables. Add the garlic, mushrooms, and asparagus in the skillet. Saute the vegetables for 3 minutes; after that, add a sprinkle of salt and pepper. You don’t want to add the salt in the beginning because it will release all the water from the mushrooms.
5. Next, add the onion, snow peas, peas, and chile slices. Saute the vegetables for 1 minute. Add the spinach and frisee to the skillet and saute for an additional 30 seconds. Then, add vinegar. Remove the skillet from heat and add the basil and mint. Toss them around to mix the ingredients together. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Peel your quail eggs.
6. Transfer your vegetables to a plate, add bacon on top, along with cheese. Top the vegetables with the eggs. In order to bring your quail eggs breakfast recipe to a whole new level, sprinkle truffle zest seasoning and pepper over the dish.