We are delighted to present yet another quail egg recipe that has a celebrity name attached to it: Patti LaBelle’s macaroni and cheese. This week’s celebrity recipe is a delicious comfort food that you can serve whenever you want to feel comforted. It’s also a relatively cheap recipe, which is always always a surprising thing. Who knew good food can be healthy and cheap!?
Before we jump right into our celebrity favorite, let us first honor Patricia Louise Holte aka Patti LaBelle. Born 75 years ago, Patti LaBelle has had 16 tours and starred in 21 movies and tv shows – talk shows not included! Furthermore, thanks to her unique vocal abilities she has 15 Grammy awards nominations and 21 awards won throughout her life.
Patti LaBelle has started her career in the ’60s and is still going strong! As you can tell by now, Patti LaBelle is a phenomenon. That’s why we’re so excited to write about her macaroni and cheese recipe! Without further ado, here it goes!
Patti LaBelle’s Recipe Reinterpreted With Quail Eggs
While this recipe is a simple comfort food dish, it won its place on QuailEgg.Recipes due to its popularity and deliciousness. However, don’t be fooled by this recipe’s simplicity. You will most likely have to go to the supermarket to get the types of cheese Patti LaBelle used.
Another thing to keep in mind is our decision to use quail eggs instead of chicken eggs. While the original recipe calls for chicken eggs, we’re far too obsessed with healthy eating, so we decided to improve upon perfection! Check out the recipe below!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb macaroni
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup muenster cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 8 quail eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
HOW TO MAKE PATTI LABELLE’S MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly butter a deep 2 1/2 quart baking dish. You don’t want to use too much butter, just enough to ensure the mac and cheese won’t stick.
- For the macaroni, fill a large pot with water and bring it to a boil. Add the macaroni, along with 1 tablespoon of oil. Cook for 7 minutes, or until somewhat tender. Then, drain well and return to the pot.
- In the meantime, gran a small saucepan and melt 8 tablespoons of butter. Stir into macaroni.
- Using a large bowl, mix all the shredded cheeses. Then, add 11/2 cups of shredded cheeses, half and half, the cubed cheese and the eggs, along with salt and pepper to the macaroni.
- Transfer the mix to the lightly buttered casserole dish and top with the remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese. Dot with the remaining tablespoon of butter.
- Place it in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Serve hot.
Our thoughts on Patti LaBelle’s macaroni and cheese recipe
We’ve never felt so comforted by food before! What’s great about this recipe is that the Velveeta cheese doesn’t melt completely, but forms pockets of hot cheese that you can bite into as you enjoy your macaroni and cheese. This creates an incredible texture, that works wonders with the harmonious way the cheeses combine. It truly is delicious!