A great, nutritious breakfast smoothie must have one key ingredient: quail eggs. They’re nutritious, delicious and basically a super-food. If you’re the type of person that doesn’t have time to cook breakfast, this quail egg breakfast smoothie recipe is the perfect choice for you.
Because this smoothie recipe is very rich in nutrients, we advise you to consume it only in the morning. After a good night’s sleep – and thus, several hours of fasting – you need to give your body fast-absorbing nutrients and water. Fuel for the day. Luckily for you, we have the perfect recipe to start the day!
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon of porridge oats
- 150 ml milk
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 4 quail eggs
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup protein powder
HOW TO PREPARE THIS QUAIL EGG BREAKFAST SMOOTHIE RECIPE
Smoothies are really easy to make. Nonetheless, we prepared a guide for you, just in case you have difficulty thinking clearly after you wake up!
1. Start by adding most of the ingredients in the blender. Start with the liquids first. Then, go ahead and add the oats. This way, your blender will be able to actually mix them properly because it will have an easier time doing its job. For the future, no matter what you need to blend, always remember that liquids go in first, then the solids. Blend for about 1 minute. If after a minute you haven’t reached a smooth consistency, keep blending.
2. Since you have a banana and strawberries, you might find that your smoothie is quite thick. If the smoothie is too thick, then feel free to add more milk or water. You can even try adding coconut water or almond milk. Just be creative, it’s your breakfast, after all. It really depends on how you prefer it.
3. After you have reached the desired consistency, crack the quail eggs and pour them in the blender over the oats and milk. Blend them for about 10 seconds. If you’re squeamish about eating raw eggs, don’t be. Unlike other eggs, raw quail eggs are risk-free. You don’t have to worry about food-borne diseases.
4. Next, add the honey and vanilla extract and protein powder. If you don’t have protein powder, don’t worry. Add some chia seeds instead or just make your smoothie without the extra protein. It will taste just as good. Whizz for up to a minute. Taste to see if it requires extra sugar. In some cases, due to the sourness of the fruits, extra sugar is required. Of course, instead of sugar, we recommend honey, it’s healthier.
5. If everything is to your liking, pour the protein smoothie into two glasses and serve immediately. Our quail egg breakfast smoothie recipe is meant to be savored right away. Do not leave the breakfast smoothie out for too long. It will oxidize unless you cover it with a lid. This means all the vitamins and antioxidants will go bad and the drink will not have the same effect.