This mango breakfast smoothie is great to start your day with. When we wake up our bodies need fuel, both liquid, and solid, to function properly. After 7-8 hours of fasting (or more), you need to start off your day the right way. Because sometimes we wake up tired, I’ve come up with this sweet, fast, and delicious fruit smoothie. It’s packed with valuable nutrients, which is always a good thing!
You can whip up this low-fat breakfast smoothie in no time. This quail egg smoothie takes about 2 minutes to prepare. Peeling the mango is what takes the longest in the making of this simple recipe. Use mango with other soft fruits for a great taste and add some oats for a slow but steady release of energy.
HOW TO MAKE THIS MANGO BREAKFAST SMOOTHIE WITH QUAIL EGGS
While shakes and smoothies are beyond easy to prepare, I prepared a guide for you nonetheless.
Mango Breakfast Smoothie With Quail Eggs
- 1 mango peeled and sliced
- 2 quail eggs
- 1 kale leaf with the stem, torn
- 50 g raspberries fresh or frozen
- 200 ml water or almond milk
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp rolled oats
- Add the liquids first, then the oats. This way, your blender will be able to actually blend them properly. Whizz for about 1 minute or until you reach a smooth consistency. If you feel the smoothie is too thick, then feel free to add more almond milk or water. How much liquid you need for a smoothie is a matter of personal taste.
- Next, crack or cut the quail eggs and pour them in the blender over the oats and milk. Whizz the blender for about 10 seconds.
- Add the kale, raspberries and, honey and whizz for about a minute. Taste the smoothie to see if it needs more honey. Sometimes the fruits you use are a bit sour or simply don't have enough sugar. In that case, you might want to increase the amount of honey.
- Next, pour the mixture into a glass and serve immediately. You don't want to leave the breakfast smoothie out for too long because it will oxidize. This means you have to drink it fast in order to enjoy the benefits of the nutrients and antioxidants.
What’s great about breakfast smoothies is their versatility. You can literally use any fruits and ingredients. Moreover, it takes next to nothing to prepare. Since smoothies are made out of fruits, greens, and liquids, they always come packed with nutrients that fuel your body for the day.
Whether you work out, have an active lifestyle, or simply want to take care of yourself, starting your day with a breakfast smoothie is an excellent way to take care of your body. When you start off your day with such a nutrient-rich smoothie, you’ll notice that you feel more energized.
While I’m not a big fan of starting each day with sweet smoothies, I am a huge fan of smoothies in the mornings. I try to add kale and some quail eggs to most liquid breakfasts because they keep me full for longer and I have more stamina. Hope this works for you too.