Our mango breakfast smoothie is the way to go when you wake up. Your body needs fuel, both liquid, and solid, to function properly. After 7-8 hours of fasting, you need to start off your day the right way. Because some of us wake up tired, we’ve come up with this fast and delicious fruit smoothie. It’s packed with valuable nutrients, which is always a good thing!
You can whip up this low-fat breakfast smoothie in no time. According to our experience, this quail egg smoothie takes about 2 minutes to prepare. Use mango with other soft fruits for a great taste and add some oats for a slow but steady release of energy.
- 1 mango
- 1 tablespoon of porridge oats
- 80g soft fruit (strawberries, blueberries, etc.)
- 150ml milk
- 4 quail eggs
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
HOW TO MAKE OUR MANGO BREAKFAST SMOOTHIE WITH QUAIL EGGS
While milkshakes are beyond easy to prepare, we prepared a guide for you nonetheless.
- Start by adding part of the ingredients in the blender. Add the liquids first, then the oats. This way, your blender will be able to actually blend them properly. Whizz for about 1 minute or until you reach a smooth consistency. If you feel the smoothie is too thick, then feel free to add more milk or water. How much liquid you need for a smoothie is a matter of personal taste.
- Next, crack the quail eggs and pour them in the blender over the oats and milk. Whizz the blender for about 10 seconds. Unlike chicken eggs, raw quail eggs is risk-free in terms of food-borne diseases, so don’t be afraid to use them in the high-protein breakfast smoothie.
- Add the fruits, honey, and vanilla extract and whizz for about a minute. Taste the smoothie to see if it needs more sugar. Sometimes the fruits you use are a bit sour or simply don’t have enough sugar. In that case, you might want to increase the amount of honey.
- Next, pour the mixture into two glasses and serve immediately. You don’t want to leave the breakfast smoothie out for too long because it will oxidize. This means you have to drink it fast in order to enjoy the benefits of the nutrients and antioxidants.
What’s great about breakfast smoothies is their versatility. You can literally use any fruits and ingredients. Moreover, it takes next to nothing to prepare. Since smoothies are made out of fruits and liquids, they always come packed with nutrients that fuel your body for the day.
Whether your workout, have an active lifestyle or simply want to take care of yourself, starting your day with a smoothie is an excellent way to take care of your body after a long night. You get to hydrate it with nutrient-rich liquids such as milk and consume fibers, protein, antioxidants and healthy fats! Way to go!