Working out on a regular basis? Maybe a bit too often? If you’re not the type to take regular breaks, you should at least help your muscles recover faster. The easiest and healthiest way to do this is by drinking a quail egg milkshake after a workout.
Leading a healthy lifestyle more often than not involves some form of physical activity. Whether it’s swimming, playing sports, or weightlifting, you need protein to help maintain your strength and repair those muscles. This is where protein shakes come into play because they can make your muscles grow stronger and bigger (not bulky – that’s steroid stuff).
For example, one of the most inexpensive and low-calorie protein shakes you can make is this quail egg milkshake. This is also a great solution for those of you who don’t like the taste of whey or soy protein.
What’s more, eggs can be easily blended into juice as well, so you’re not just limited to milk-based protein shakes. Though, if you’re opting for mixing eggs with juice, then you will need to mask the taste with some extra fruit or nut butter.
- 6 quail eggs
- 200 ml full-fat milk, preferably organic
- 1 banana
- 2 tablespoons coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon organic almond butter
- a small handful of almonds
How To Prepare This Quail Egg Milkshake:
1. Pour the milk or juice into the blender. By doing this first step you will ensure even mixing. How much liquid you use depends not only on the consistency you prefer but also on the amount and quantity of protein you need. Also, bear in mind, if you’re using fruit in your recipe as some fruits have a high water content, and that may influence the shake’s consistency.
2. Next, crack the quail eggs and pour them in the blender, over the milk. By eating whole eggs, you add a lot of calories and fat to your shake, but, since we’re talking about quail eggs, know that these have far fewer calories than chicken eggs. Another thing you should know is eating raw quail eggs bears no risk for food-borne diseases, unlike raw chicken eggs.
3. Depending on your preference, sweeten your quail egg banana shake with some fruit. The choices we prefer are bananas, berries, coconut, and pineapple. We made this one with bananas and some coconut flakes. These will not only mask the taste of the eggs and add sweetness to your shake, but also a very exotic flavor.
4. If you’re into weightlifting or swimming and are looking to power up this quail egg milkshake, then feel free to add a spoonful of natural almond butter, like we did. You can also add a handful of almonds. This should give the shake a very nutty flavor and up the protein content quite a bit.
5. Now, in order to make your quail egg milkshake extra delicious, add some ice to the blender and hit the power button. Blend until the consistency is perfect. If it happens to be too thick, feel free to add a little extra milk. Enjoy right away!
It’s best to enjoy this protein snack in the first half of the day (9 – 10 a.m.). It will provide your muscle tissue the much-needed protein for recovery and strength, and, at the same time, it will energize you for the day ahead.