Working out on a regular basis? Maybe a bit too often? If you’re not the type to take regular breaks, you should at least help your muscles recover faster. The easiest and healthiest way to do this is by drinking a quail egg milkshake after a workout.
Leading a healthy lifestyle more often than not involves some form of physical activity. Whether it’s swimming, yoga, or weightlifting, you need both protein and carbs to help maintain your strength and repair your muscles. This is where a protein shake comes into play because it can help your muscles grow stronger and leaner (not bulky).
For example, one of the most inexpensive and healthy protein shakes you can make is this quail egg milkshake. This is also a great solution for those of you who don’t like the taste of whey or soy protein.
What’s more, quail eggs can be easily blended into juice as well, so you’re not just limited to milk-based protein shakes. Though, if you’re opting for mixing eggs with juice, then you will end up with a drink that’s higher in sugars (although natural) than protein and healthy fats.
HOW TO MAKE THIS QUAIL EGG MILKSHAKE
This is a very simple milkshake recipe that’s ready before you know it. As a matter of fact, washing the blender will take longer than preparing this healthy treat. If you feel really tired, you can also drink this smoothie in the afternoon.
Anti-Fatigue Quail Egg Milkshake
- 4 quail eggs
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 banana
- 1 tsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp coconut flakes
- Pour the skim milk into the blender. By doing this first step you will ensure even mixing. The consistency of the milkshake depends on how much milk you use. If you use less milk, you'll get a thicker shake.
- Next, crack the 4 quail eggs and pour them in the blender, over the milk. Quail eggs are often eaten raw but I prefer adding them to shakes. They won't change the taste of your milkshake, in case you're wondering.
- Depending on your preference, sweeten your quail egg shake with some fruit. I made this one with a banana and some coconut flakes. These will not only mask the taste of the quail eggs and add sweetness to your shake, but also a very exotic flavor.
- If you're into sports and are looking to power up this quail egg milkshake, then feel free to add a spoonful of natural almond butter, as I did. You can also add a handful of almonds. This should give the shake a very nutty flavor and up the protein and fat content quite a bit.
- Blend until the consistency is perfect. If it happens to be too thick, feel free to add a little extra milk. Enjoy right away!
Because of its nutritional profile, I think it’s best to enjoy this protein snack in the first half of the day (9 – 11 a.m.). It will provide your muscle tissue the much-needed protein for recovery and strength, and, at the same time, it will energize you for the day ahead – due to the good carbohydrates it contains.