If you want to feel good throughout the day, you should eat a healthy meal half an hour after you get up. Most nutrition specialists advise us to do so. This breakfast omelet with quail eggs recipe is easy to prepare and it will keep you full and energized for the next hours.
You will also love this keto breakfast recipe if you want to lose weight because it’s both nutritious and delicious. It’s unlikely that you’ll crave for something sweet afterward, but if you do, treat yourself to a small diet coke after eating breakfast. It will also help with digestion. Just these simple morning routine tricks will make you feel and look a lot better!
For the omelet
- 12 fresh quail eggs (the equivalent of 3 chicken eggs)
- 2 bell peppers (1 red, 1 yellow; it really doesn’t matter)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Pink Himalaya salt
- A pinch of coriander powder
- Black pepper
For the sauce
- A handful of green olives
- 100 g tomato pulp
- A little basil (dried or fresh)
- Olive Oil
HOW TO MAKE THIS BREAKFAST OMELET WITH QUAIL EGGS
1. Start by washing the bell peppers and then slice them length-wise. Take a wok pan or any other pan you have that’s a little deeper and place it over medium heat with two tablespoons of olive oil. Don’t allow the oil to become hot, just warm it up a little.
2. Now, add the veggies and stir fry for about 5 minutes. Then reduce the heat just a bit and add the pepper and coriander while stirring. After 2-3 minutes you’ll feel the spicy-sweet aroma intensifying. Now you can add a pinch of salt and continue to stir for another 2 to 3 minutes. Don’t add the salt sooner than this because the bell peppers could leave to much water and you’d risk boiling them instead of lightly frying them. Cut the heat and allow the peppers to rest.
3. It is time to crack the quail eggs in a bowl and beat them until the mixture is frothy and has an even yellow color. Now, take a flat frying pan and add a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. Put the pan on medium heat and allow the oil to increase its temperature before adding the eggs.
4. Pour the eggs in the heated pan and cover with a lid. This will help cook the omelet on the surface as well and it will prevent you from making a mess when flipping it. Move the pan a little to see if the eggs have set. Remove the lid and take a wooden cooking paddle. Gently flip the omelet and cut the heat.
5. Now, it’s time to make the keto-friendly sauce. This will only take a few seconds. In a small bowl, mix the tomato pulp with the chopped olives. Add the spices and the sauce is done. As simple as that! If you like it hot, add some chili powder and mix well.
6. It’s time to put everything together. Place the omelet on a plate and put the long bell pepper slices in the middle, as if you would divide it in two. Wrap the quail egg omelet around the aromatic roasted veggies and add a spoon of sauce.