If you want to feel good throughout the day, you should eat a healthy meal within an hour after you get up. Most nutrition specialists advise us to do so. This breakfast omelet with quail eggs recipe is easy to prepare and it will keep you full and energized for the next hours.
You will also love this breakfast recipe if you want to lose weight because it’s both nutritious and delicious. It’s also keto-friendly, for those of you who are on the ketogenic diet. Just these simple morning routine tricks will make you feel and look a lot better!
HOW TO MAKE THIS QUAIL EGG BREAKFAST OMELET
What you need are really fresh, fleshy bell peppers and a pinch of powdered coriander to turn this simple quail egg omelet into a feast for the senses. Here’s how you do it.
Quail Egg Breakfast Omelet With Aromatic Bell Peppers
For the omelet
- 12 quail eggs the equivalent of 3 chicken eggs
- 2 bell peppers 1 red, 1 yellow; it really doesn't matter
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- coriander powder
For the sauce
- 3.5 oz tomato pulp canned
- ½ cup green olives chopped
- 2 fresh basil leaves chopped (or use dried if you don't have fresh)
- 1 tsp olive oil extra virgin
- Start by washing the bell peppers and then slice them length-wise. Take a wok or any other pan you have that's a little deeper and place it over medium heat with one tablespoon of olive oil. Don't allow the oil to become hot, just warm it up a little.
- Now, add the veggies and stir fry for about 5 minutes. Then reduce the heat just a bit and add the pepper and coriander while stirring. After 2-3 minutes, you'll feel the spicy-sweet aroma intensifying. Now you can add a pinch of salt and continue to stir for another 2 to 3 minutes. Don't add the salt sooner than this because the bell peppers could leave too much water and you'd risk boiling them instead of lightly frying them. Cut the heat and allow the peppers to rest.
- It is time to crack the quail eggs into a bowl and beat them until the mixture is frothy and has an even yellow color. Now, take a flat frying pan and add a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. Put the pan on medium heat and allow the oil to increase its temperature before adding the eggs.
- Pour the eggs into the heated pan and cover with a lid. This will help cook the omelet on the surface as well and it will prevent you from making a mess when flipping it. Move the pan a little to see if the eggs have set. Remove the lid and take a wooden cooking paddle. Gently flip the quail egg breakfast omelet and cut the heat.
- Now, it's time to make the sauce. This will only take a few seconds. In a small bowl, mix the tomato pulp with the chopped olives. Add the spices and the sauce is done. As simple as that! If you like it hot, add some chili powder and mix well.
- It's time to put everything together. Place the omelet on a plate and put the long bell pepper slices in the middle, as if you would divide it in two. Wrap the quail egg omelet around the aromatic roasted veggies and add a spoon of sauce.
I like breakfast recipes with quail eggs because they are both nutritious and tasty. Most of them are really easy to make, just like this one. I prefer coriander with bell peppers but please feel free to try any other spice you like. The kitchen is one of the best places to make use of your creativity.
Enjoy this quail egg breakfast omelet with quail eggs recipe 3 to 4 times a week if you are a moderately active person. It will help with muscle recovery, improve your energy levels and it’s great on any diet, not just the keto diet.