Our recipes are known for being delicious, healthy, and easy. This particular recipe is exactly those things, and more! If you’re looking for a delicious lunch or dinner recipe, look no further than this salmon frittata with quail eggs. It is absolutely divine! It’s pretty much the ideal dish for anyone who wants to cook something quick and healthy.
Quail eggs are a superfood, and they have a certain flavor that we love. However, when you add veggies, salmon, and greek yogurt, you take the whole thing to a new level! Granted, some of you may be worried about mixing eggs with salmon. Truth be told, you have nothing to worry about. These two main ingredients go together very well.
What’s particularly charming about this salmon frittata with quail eggs recipe is how filling it can be. Salmon, whether baked or smoked is a powerful source of high-quality protein and omega 3 fatty acids – great additions to every diet! Naturally, you don’t have to stay entirely faithful to this recipe. If you’re missing some of the ingredients, feel free to swap them with whatever you have at home!
Frittatas are easy and uncomplicated dishes – nothing more than a few delicious ingredients mixed together! Therefore, cooking this salmon frittata will not only leave you satiated but also help clean out your fridge since you can literally add whatever you want in the pan!
We hope this delicious lunch/dinner recipe will not only fill you up with protein, fiber, vitamins, and antioxidants but also lift your spirits. Good food has the power to make us happy, and salmon has been proven time and again to be one of the best foods for happiness.healthy food such as this recipe can really shine a light on our lives! Enjoy!
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 200 grams tender stem broccoli
- some scallions
- 10 small cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 salmon fillets, oven-baked or smoked
- 20 quail eggs
- 2 tablespoons full-fat Greek yogurt
- pinch of salt
- black pepper to taste
HOW TO PREPARE SALMON FRITTATA WITH QUAIL EGGS AND BROCCOLI
1. Start off by preheating your oven. In order to waste no time, rinse your vegetables thoroughly, and chop them. Cut the cherry tomatoes into halves and cut the scallions.
2. Next, grab a saute pan large enough for your ingredients and pour some extra virgin olive oil in it. This way you can be sure that the veggies won’t stick to the pan. Heat up the oil over medium heat. When it gets hot enough add the tomatoes and scallions and saute them for approximately 2-3 minutes until they turn barely soft.
3. While the vegetables are cooking, whisk together in a bowl the quail eggs, 2 tablespoons of Greek yogurt, salt, and pepper. Whisk until smooth.
4. Then, cut or tear the salmon fillets into smaller pieces and place them on in the baking dish. Lay the broccoli on top of the fish and season with a little salt and pepper. Now, pour the egg mixture on top and bake for 30 minutes or until it is ready.
5. In order to check if the salmon frittata with quail eggs is set, use a toothpick. Insert it right in the middle and if it comes out clean, you can take the dish out of the oven. If it’s not clean, bake the frittata for another 10 minutes. Be sure to keep an eye on it. You don’t want to burn it.
Of course, if you’d prefer your frittata to be more golden-brown, then turn the broiler on for a couple of minutes.
6. Remove the salmon frittata with quail eggs from the oven and let it rest for a couple of minutes before serving. You can also reheat it for leftovers.