One of the greatest snacks that could have ever been invented is deviled eggs and, if we take it a step further by thinking of a keto deviled quail egg recipe, well, then what we have is a culinary masterpiece!
However, most recipes, though delicious, are unfortunately far from healthy. Usually drowning in mayonnaise, these party favorites can wreak havoc for your cholesterol levels, not to mention sabotaging one’s weight loss since they are too high in calories.
So, in order to appease our body-perfect driven society, we propose a reinterpretation of this delicious classic that tastes just as exquisite as the original version. This keto-friendly recipe with quail eggs that we’re about to share with you is not only healthy but also considerably lighter in calories as well. Check it out!
- 24 quail eggs
- 1/4 cup plain, full-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp mustard
- pinch of pepper
- pinch of salt
- paprika to garnish
How To Prepare This Keto Deviled Quail Egg Recipe
1. Put your quail eggs in a large pot filled with water and bring it to a boil on high heat. Cover the pot. Make sure there is enough cold water in the pot to fully submerge your quail eggs. In order to make your job easier later on, add a pinch of salt – it’ll make the eggs easier to peel.
2. As soon as the water starts to boil, turn off the heat. Let the quail eggs sit in the water, still covered, for 6 minutes. During this time, the eggs will continue to cook thanks to the water’s high temperature even though the heat is turned off. The reason we do this is to make sure the eggs yolks are cooked well enough, without turning too hard. This could later create lumps for the filling paste.
3. Next step, drain the water and rinse the quail eggs with cold water. Let them sit for a bit in order to cool down a little. This will make it easier for you to handle them. If you’re really trying to speed things up, you could immerse them in an ice bath. However, this might leave the yolks a little soft.
4. Peel the eggs and cut them lengthwise. Then, place the whites on a plate and the yolks in a medium-sized bowl. Take the rest of the ingredients (greek yogurt, mustard, pepper, and salt) and mix them together until you get a smooth paste. Next, fill up each egg white with the yolk paste and then top it off with a little paprika shower.
As you can see, this tasty keto deviled quail egg recipe is easy to prepare and you’ll be done with it in no time. At first, it might seem difficult to peel these tiny eggs but as you’ll prepare deviled quail eggs more often, you’ll get better at it. Eat them as a snack or serve them with some Edam cheese and cherry tomatoes for a keto dinner. You can also pair them with a salad.
If you’re not sure how many calories to consume every day in order to lose weight, go to the bottom of this page and use the calorie calculator. As long as you maintain a caloric deficit, you will lose weight and the Ketogenic diet is a great way to achieve your desired weight. Just don’t overdo it. Too much fat is not healthy. Moderation is key.
Staying in ketosis is easy with such delicious recipes. If you liked this keto deviled quail egg recipe, share it with your friends and check out the other recipes on the site.